To be accepted into the Festival, a short film needs to comply with our general rules and terms.
General rules & terms for all categories:
- The following genres are very welcome: action-adventure-thriller, drama, comedy, horror, science fiction, music video, experimental video.
- Movie files needs to be in h264/mp4 format.
- Movie sizes need to be 1280x720 pix or 1920x1080 pix (full HD).
- Subtitles: unless spoken in the Dutch or English language, all short films need to have English subtitles, preferable burnt-in into the h264/mp4 file.
- When selected for live screening, you will be asked to send us your movie file, a trailer of the short film and a movie poster.
- Submission fees are non refundable.
- The decission of the preselection jury and the main Festival jury is final.
- For our selection method: please read all about it on our website here.
- All short films need to be submitted though our platform at FilmFreeway, our loyal partner in this short film adventure.
Rules & terms for the categories:
National Short Film | International Short Film
- Maximum playing time for national- and international short films: fifty minutes.
Animation Short Film | Animation Short Film by Students
- Maximum playing time: twenty minutes.
- Animated short films can be: 2D-animation, 3D-animation, stop-motion-animation
- Animation Short Films by Students need to be submitted into the correct category.
- Animation Short Films by Students need to be accompagnied by a "proof of student".
This could either be a student card naming the school or institute where one is following the course, or a document from the school or institute which conferms the status of the student's project.
Documentary Short Film
- Maximum playing time for documentaries: thirty minutes.
***IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
Pixure Center Of Creativity does not publish your short film, not on any media, nor online!